Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kids say the funniest things....

Yesterday, I was at the pet store with our daughter buying our puppy a bed to keep in my classroom since he's coming up to school with me everyday.  Yes, I have an awesome principal!  ;)  When I asked her if she was going to pay for the bed, she said no.  I jokingly said, "You need to get a job!"  Her response?  "I have a job, but I don't get paid.  You know, I go to school.  It's like an internship."  Haha!  She's nine, going on fifteen and keeps us laughing. 

What has one of your kids said lately that had you smiling? 

3 comments:

  1. Our youngest child (5 yr. old son) said to me the other day, "Mommy, can you still be pregnant?" I told him I could & that God could bless us with a baby if He wished (at 44 I suppose it is still possible). He then replied that he wished God would give us twin baby girls so that our family (which is presently 4 boys & 2 girls) "would be even, with 4 boys & 4 girls." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of months ago my son was telling us about some of the things the school guidance counselor had talked about in class. He mentioned that she said it's not good to brag, an then he told us that she taught them about "some poop guy who goes to parties and says oh this is boring, oh this isn't any fun,...". My husband figured out that he was talking about a party pooper! I was in hysterics, as was the guidance counselor when I told her about this conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great stories!! The only thing that comes to my mind -- recently I was driving somewhere with my younger daughter (just turned 10) and we passed a body shop. She nervously asked me what they do there, even though "I don't think I'm going to want to hear it," she said. Apparently she was picturing Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory behind those garage doors!

    ReplyDelete