Saturday, April 26, 2014

Gospel Reflection

This Sunday, we see Jesus appearing to the disciples.  Thomas, not being there, does not believe they've seen Him.  So Jesus appears again and allows Thomas to touch His wounds.  I've always thought that I would be just like Thomas.  I would have to see the evidence before believing it with my whole being.  But Jesus said, "Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."  I pray that I can become more like those, that I can wholeheartedly believe without seeing. 

What stood out for you?

1 comment:

  1. The thing that stood out for me was actually from the first reading from Acts, the line about how God was adding to the number of people being saved. The "being saved" is what stood out for me. A very Catholic concept, as opposed to the evangelical "once saved, always saved".

    ReplyDelete