Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Where did the time go?

Today is my beloved's birthday and tomorrow is our 21st anniversary!  Where in the heck did all that time go?  Thinking back over the years, we have certainly had our ups and downs, but never, not once, have I ever doubted my decision to love him.  I am so grateful that God chose me to be his wife and the mother of his children.  He is my rock and I hope I am his.  He can still put butterflies in my tummy and make me laugh at the drop of a hat.  There is no one else I would rather walk this journey with but him. 

So, let's talk stories from our weddings.  Anything funny happen at yours?  At our wedding, when it was time to go to the unity candle, I took off and left him.  He had to wait for the train of my dress to go by before he could join me.  Haha!  Then at the reception, our photographer had to leave early, so we did the whole "throw rice and drive away" thing, drove around the parking lot, and then rejoined the party.  ;)

Can't wait to hear your stories!

2 comments:

  1. I had laryngitis for my wedding (as well as a cough and bad head cold). All I could do is whisper. The priest had to reassure the congregation that I did, in fact, say "I do".

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my brothers gave a toast at our reception, and after all these years (almost 19!) I only remember his final line: "Live long, and prosper" from Star Trek. It still makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete