Monday, March 31, 2014

Let's brag!

I don't know about you, but I find myself trying so hard to make sure our kids are doing their homework, keeping their rooms clean, etc. that I sometimes forget to stop for a moment and realize what precious gifts they are.  So what have your kids done lately that have you amazed?

I'll start.  Our son has some academic issues and also suffers with anxiety, so it was quite amazing that he was able to do the Responsorial Psalm at school Mass a couple weeks ago.  As he proclaimed the Word, I thought my heart would burst!  I am so super proud of him!

And our daughter continues to amaze me by doing what needs to be done with her school work without having to be asked.  She has my love for reading and in the first two days of this new quarter, she had all of her Accelerated Reader points for the rest of the school year.  I love that girl!

Now it's your turn.  I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful kids!

3 comments:

  1. I am proud that our 18-yr. old son was rewarded for his hard work by being given a 3-day weekend off by his employer...that our 16-yr. old daughter was hired to provide the music (she plays the steel pan) for the combined birthday party of a friend's 2 children...that our 13 & 11-yr. old sons were congratulated for their diligent work as they helped a fellow Scout complete his Eagle Scout project...that our 8-yr. old daughter is doing very well in preparation for her upcoming 1st Confession...& that our 5-yr. old son continues to amaze us with the insights he picks up from the Gospel reading & Father's homily at the Divine Liturgy on Sunday...he is really listening & thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older daughter struggles academically, but on Friday she came bounding out of school calling to me that she made the honor roll! I was so so proud of her. Just since the last quarter she brought two of her grades up from D+ to B- (math) and B+ (social studies). It's the first time in over 2 years that she made the honor roll, and it was so nice to be able to celebrate something in what has been a very rough year for her.

    What a great idea for a thread, CatholicMominOz! I love reading these stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud at how much my son's adjustment to kindergarten has improved since Christmas break. It's like he matured overnight and now can handle the responsibility. I'm proud of some occasions when he has demonstrated the ability to think things through and delay gratification. And I'm proud of the precious insights that he comes up with sometimes.

    ReplyDelete