Saturday, July 19, 2014

Gospel Reflection

This weekend, we hear the parable of the mustard seed.  We also hear the story of the man whose wheat crop is infiltrated by his enemy with weeds.  That part spoke to me the most.  Our new priest is stressing the importance of the domestic church.  He has shared four steps in keeping your family holy.  Step 1--Go to confession once a month.  Step 2--Attend Mass at least one extra day per week.  Step 3--Pray as a family every day.  Step 4--Surround yourself with others who are trying to do the same.  The story of the weeds made me think of how easy it is for my environment to influence me.  I need to strive to keep the weeds out of my life.

What spoke to you?

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that God is giving us a chance to be redeemed, rather than automatically dismissing us as weeds. I sure hope to make it to the land of no weeds someday!

    ReplyDelete