Monday, June 9, 2014

Prayer

Thought I'd share my favorite prayer with you today.  There's just something about these words that connect with my heart.  What is your favorite prayer?

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints

and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen 


 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the Anima Christi prayer you posted above! It is also one of my favorites. In fact, I have it posted on the wall right here next to my computer. Another favorite prayer of mine is the Hymn of Glorification, which is traditionally chanted during Vespers. With each + we make the Sign of the Cross followed by a deep bow.

    Count us worthy, O Lord, to keep us this evening without sin.
    Blessed are You, O Lord, God of our fathers,
    and praised and glorified be Your Name forever. Amen.
    Lord, Your mercy be upon us, as we have placed our trust in You.
    + Blessed are You, O Lord, teach me your commandments.
    + Blessed are You, O Master, make me understand your commandments.
    + Blessed are You, O Holy One, enlighten me with Your precepts.
    Lord, your mercy endures forever, do not despise the work of your hands.
    To You is due praise, to You is due a hymn.
    Glory is due to You, + Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
    now and ever and forever. Amen.

    ReplyDelete