Thursday, January 23, 2014

What's for dinner and where are my socks?

Am I the only one who detests putting clean clothes away?  The washing and drying, I don't mind.  Even the folding isn't so bad.  But getting those piles in their rightful place is beyond torture.  And what about dinner?  I love the planning of meals, sometimes I actually enjoy the grocery shopping, but there are afternoons when I just can't make myself go into the kitchen.  What are your household struggles?  Successes?  Tips and advice?

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind putting clothes away, but that's probably because I only have one child. If I had multiple sets of clothing to keep track of, I'm sure I would be frustrated by it. I don't know if this counts as a household struggle, but I really dislike errands and appointments. And I feel guilty about this, because I know it is much easier for me to manage the errands and appointments than it would be if I had a big family or if I worked fulltime outside the home. But they still drive me crazy. Hmm, successes...I would say my strengths are organization (in terms of completing daily tasks, scheduling family things, and keeping the house neat).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I look around my incredibly messy house - I guess that would be my struggle. With 7 kids - some of them homeschooled and me busy with their stuff and my part-time job - I cannot seem to keep the house clean for 5 seconds. I clean a room and as soon as I leave it for another room - the stuff is already coming out! The kids do help with chores before we go to bed and it looks ok for a little bit - but as soon as morning comes - chaos. Successes - afterschool activity organization with 6 kids all playing and doing different sports.

    ReplyDelete