Monday, January 27, 2014

Bless the Little Children

We have two wonderful children who always pick up after themselves, eat their veggies, and never ask for anything.  Okay, so not true!  They do pick up...when we ask them.  They never eat their veggies, except for our dear daughter who actually likes broccoli.  And it seems like we're forever fighting the "Can I have...?" in the checkout line.  All that being said, would I trade one single second?  No way!  I wasn't one of those young girls who dreamed about a wedding and kids.  Truthfully, I didn't even see myself getting married.  God obviously had other plans and blessed me with the best husband ever...and then sent us two children made just for us.  They share our quick wit and love of sarcasm, our obsession with 80's music, and would pick staying in their pajamas all day on a Saturday over doing most anything else.  Many days, I just look at them wonder what in the heck I did so right to deserve such gifts.  What do you have in common with your children?  What are you struggling with right now?  What have they done to make you proud lately?

3 comments:

  1. My biggest struggle with my son is his pace! Like his father (and keep in mind that he is adopted, so none of us are biologically related), he is very slow-paced and also has attention issues. Then there are the other boy things such as being into everything! That being said, the things I love about him far outshine the frustrating qualities. He gets excited over the simplest things, loves life, exudes enthusiasm, and is a loving affectionate child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys! I grew up with all sisters, so this having a son thing is crazy to me! lol My struggle right now is making my time with the kids count. I'm at church a lot at night and miss dinner, homework, and bedtime quite a bit. I know that my husband is a wonderful father and the kids are in great hands, but my mommy heart misses them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way a lot, too. I work two evenings/week, so I miss out on bedtime and dinners. And often there will be a third evening that I need to be out of the house. I know what you mean about boys, too. I always pictured myself having a daughter. I love my son, but it has been an adjustment!

      Delete