Wednesday, January 22, 2014

For Better or For Worse

I'm sure we all recited these words when we were married.  I know I was floating on a cloud of love and happiness, not once thinking that there would be any "worse."  Well, twenty-one years later, we have certainly had our share of struggles, as well as an overabundance of love and happiness.  At this point in time, we are struggling through my husband's unemployment, but also celebrating our children's success in school and our ability to laugh at just about anything.  What's going on in your marriage right now?  Need us to pray for you?  Chime in....

4 comments:

  1. Please pray for my husband this morning. He has an interview for a new job. It's not the ideal job, but certainly doable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you had been married so long! Praying that the interview goes well.

      Delete
  2. Praying for your husband. Hopefully he gets this and it can be a stepping stone to something better. This is our quiet time between fall sports and spring sports. In about 2 weeks the craziness starts. With 6 in sports and one toddler and living at least 1/2 hour from practices - it gets very hectic. Right now I struggle with homeschooling. everyday I wish they would just go to school - but then I look at the education they would get and know that my peace and clean house needs to come secondary to their learning. So everyday I struggle - especially when they don't want to work and I am constantly telling them to get back to work. so a prayer would be nice (since I have a hard time getting one in for myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes these days I feel like my marriage is on automatic pilot. It's so easy to get consumed by the busy-work of everyday life, and that can be a romance-killer. When I step back, I can get past that and rejoice again in the wonderful man I married.

    ReplyDelete