Friday, August 22, 2014

Our Normal Routine

Apologies for my absence.  There were a couple weeks when I just did not have a single second to do anything but prepare my classroom, write lesson plans, and get the kids ready to return to school.  Then I had trouble getting into my blog account.  Now I'm finally able to sit for a minute and take a deep breath.  Aaaahhhhhhh!

I hope everyone is doing well.  We are finally back into our school routine.  Our dog is not very happy with us, being gone all day long.  But the kids love on him all night so it's all good.

Have any of you been challenged to do the ALS ice bucket challenge?  I only ask because there has been a lot of talk between our Catholic friends about whether to donate to the ALS Society.  They apparently fund embryonic stem cell research.  So if we are challenged (is it bad I'm hoping that I'm not???), we will be donating to the John Paul II Medical Research Institute.  They do great work there...with ADULT stem cells.  I challenge you to do the same if you find yourself under a freezing cold bucket of water.  ;)

Prayers to you as we enter the weekend.  I know our family can certainly use the rest after our first full week of school and homework.  Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Have you moved into your new home yet? I hope school is going well! We start in a couple of weeks. Half of me can't wait and half of me is dreading it. I have seen a lot about this ice bucket challenge, and I'm glad to know that there's an ethical alternative. Adult stem cells are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete