Saturday, August 2, 2014

Gospel Reflection

Jesus feeds the crowd with only five loaves and two fish, with leftovers.  A couple things come to mind.  First, we can all make do with way less than we have.  As I look around our home, I sometimes wonder where everything came from and why we have so much "stuff." We're getting ready to prepare our house to sell it.  I'm most looking forward to purging everything we don't need and starting fresh in our new house.

Secondly, there were leftovers!  There is always a way for us to help others, even if we perceive that we don't have enough to give.  My husband has been laid off three different times in the last five years and we've tried really hard to continue giving to others.  Even laid off, we know that we are abundantly blessed.

What stands out for you?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the "stuff" that seems to breed. It gets overwhelming. I have no desire to move, but getting rid of things would certainly be a benefit to moving! My husband needs a lot of convincing to get rid of things, and I admit that I there are certain things I have a hard time letting go of (things with sentimental value). Are you moving within your current region? Upgrading or downsizing?

    My take on this gospel is that if we take a leap of faith to give to others, God will miraculously multiply our efforts.

    ReplyDelete