Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas and My Hubby

I read a blog last night describing traditions that can be shared between spouses during the holidays.  It got me thinking about what my hubby and I do to make sure we have some one-on-one time during the hustle and bustle of the season.

One thing we always do is have a shopping date.  It's not romantic and there's no gazing into each other's eyes over candlelight, but we are able to grab a quick bite to eat and then spend time together gathering the kids' gifts.  We hold hands in Toys 'R Us and browse through toys that remind us of our childhood.  It's always a good time and good for a few laughs. 

What do you do with your spouse to stay connected in the busyness of the season?

3 comments:

  1. My comment seems to have disappeared, so I apologize if this ends up appearing twice. My husband and I try to watch a Christmas movie in front of a fire in the fireplace a few times throughout the season (after my son goes to bed). We also like to go to our favorite restaurant once during the Christmas season. It's a restaurant in an old colonial building, and we love to see it decorated for Christmas. Another thing we do all throughout the year, not just at Christmas time, is to print out the Sunday Mass reflections (which are found on Catholiclane.com) and do them together once/week after my son goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that comments seem to be slow here & I wanted to wish you all a blessed season of the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ & grace-filled New Year! ~ "Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us. Let us become gods because of Him, since He for us became man. He took upon Himself a low degree that He might give us a higher one. He became poor, so through His poverty we might become rich (II Corinthians 8:9). He took upon Himself the form of a servant (Philippians 2:7) so we might be delivered from slavery (Romans 8:21). He came down so we might rise up. He was tempted, so we might learn to overcome. He was despised so we might be given honor. He died so He might save us from death. He ascended to heaven so we who lie prone in sin may be lifted up to Him." ~ St. Gregory Nazianzus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully traffic will pick up in the new year. I think right now people are just really busy with Christmas. I'm so thankful for this new blog!

    ReplyDelete